We welcome in the beautiful month of October with its crisp air and trees full of colorful leaves. But we can't lose sight that we now step into the last quarter of 2015.
In this issue of our Newsletter we share some big news with you as we look at other industry topics of interest. We start with our news:
- Meet our new brand - Maneki® Value - Same great Maneki® quality now with a lower cost
- The U.S. Department of Commerce lowered the antidumping duties on Vietnamese shrimp imports
- Our Japanese culture article sends you to Sado Island, an area once rich in gold mining with an ongoing tradition of the arts
- Swiss Alpine Salmon?? There is a new land-based salmon farm opening in the mountains of Switzerland
- And read our blog, see one visitor's first time view of the Yellowfin Tuna industry in breathtaking Bali
September is here to usher in the days of Indian Summer. School is back in session, the days are getting shorter and we head to the finish line of the third quarter.
In this issue, we cover a spectrum of industry topics:
- The Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) announces that over 800 BAP certifications have been issued globally to date. And, there is now a growing interest in Chilean Salmon producers to attain the BAP Certification.
- Crane Bay® Sashimi Grade Yellowfin Crazy-Cut Tuna is in stock and ready to ship - take a look at a recipe idea for a Labor Day menu special.
- Read why it is expected that Shrimp Exports from Vietnam will decline for the remainder of 2015.
- In our Japanese Culture segment, we look at Japanese Green Tea, much more than just a healthy beverage.
- In the Salmon Update, we report that Chilean scientists have developed an alternative to antibiotics for farmed salmon.
- And read our blog for a look at what's on trend in the sushi trade
July is here, temperatures are rising and summer is in full force. In this issue of our newsletter, we cover a number of seafood industry topics:
- Crane Bay® Sashimi Grade Katsu Hamachi - ready to ship from all warehouses
- See what the World Ocean Summit thinks about global salmon aquaculture
- The Shrimp Report looks at the state of the shrimp market midway through 2015
- Another short-lived strike in Chile does not impact salmon exports
- Visit the Aomori Prefecture in Japan which offers culinary treats for all seasons
- Do you like Japanese condiments? Read the blog for some tasty suggestions on how to "jazz up" your everyday meals
Please note, we will not be publishing an August edition of the Newsletter so we will see you in September! Meanwhile, we hope you enjoy this issue and as always, thank you for your support.