Fall has arrived - the beautiful colors, the chill in the air, the change in the light - and with it, the beginning of the fourth quarter of 2016. To usher in this season, here is the Fall Edition of our Quarterly Newsletter. Here's a look at what you will read about in this issue:
- The product spotlight focuses on Tezukuri® Tempura Shrimp now served in all types of food service operations
- Read a recap of the hot topics discussed at the annual GOAL Conference in China last month
- A series of short updates on the state of Chile's Salmon Industry
- Join us as we take a look at the history, culture and beauty of Nikko, Japan
- See what the annual GOAL (Global Outlook on Aquaculture Leadership) Conference predicts for global shrimp production in 2017
- Our blog speaks to the growth of the Retail Sushi Market and the potential consequences of that growth
Summer is here - the weather is warm, the days are long, vacation plans are underway - it's time to publish the Summer Edition of our Quarterly Newsletter. In this issue you will find a range of industry wide topics along with product information and a look at Japanese culture. Here is what you can read about this month:
- Our product spotlight focuses on Crane Bay® Ikejime Sushi Ebi - one way to take your sushi ebi from ordinary to EXTRAordinary
- We take a look at "Mariculture", the farming of aquatic plants and animals in salt water, and see what projects are in the works.
- An assessment of the impact El Nino has had on shrimp farms in the Mekong area of Vietnam
- Join in on a culinary tour of Kyoto, Japan
- Read why the lack of regulations is "suffocating" the Chilean Salmon industry
- Our blog looks at the the impact Mother Nature has had on the seafood industry
Welcome to the Spring Edition of our 2016 Quarterly Newsletter. In this issue you will find a range of industry wide articles on seafood trends along with product information and a peek at a slice of Japanese culture.
Here are a few of the topics you can read about:
- Our product spotlight focuses on Crane Bay® Sashimi Grade Katsu Hamachi - the 2016 fillets are here!
- Read why Chile is planning to restructure their salmon production
- See what impact the Chilean Algal Bloom crisis has on the US salmon market
- Take a look at Kagoshima, Japan's southern gateway to dining and relaxation
- Our shrimp articles look at the surge of shrimp export revenue in Vietnam and how Indonesia is helping to stabilize shrimp prices
- And lastly, read our blog and get one perspective on the Seafood Expo North America (SENA) trade show held last month in Boston